Saturday, 29 June 2013

Meal Planning...

This is going to be a very short post but I just read this:

http://www.theminimalistmom.com/2011/02/debt-busting-march/

and whilst I'd never really thought about meal planning each week I may look into trying it! I make the same meals like lasagne and Chilli Con Carne repeatedly to freeze, we plan on weekly food shopping & I plan to pre-cook some items in 'bulk' (not too much!) for when Munchkin arrives so I'm thinking if we had a rolling 4 week menu plan it could work. Especially as DP does the cooking Friday - Sunday so if we were getting bored that would probably help.

IP loves pizza and DP told me today the bread maker has a 'pizza dough' function on it so I hope to start using that...

Any suggestions on this? I've heard 'Meat Free Monday' - http://meatfreemondays.com/ (I haven't read this blog AT ALL yet, I just saw this on another post and thought I'd share it) and friends have other days for different things but I've never actually implemented anything like this. We always have fish and chips on a Friday (because we're British and it's easy) but that's about it. Sooooo come on people, do you have any routines and if so what are they?

I plan to include more on this topic later as one job for this weekend (ok tonight or tomorrow) is to work out meals to use up items in our freezer, fridge and cupboard and then figure out a menu plan so I will start thinking about this and implementing ideas very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment