Saturday, 29 June 2013

Today's achievements (minimalism continued)...

Well right now I am listening to DP trying not to lose the plot at/with IP because today she is being challenging. I don't know what is causing it, I'm guessing it's a form of post holiday blues but I do hope that her behaviour doesn't continue for a long time...

*Later: after dinner I've just realised I think she's maybe getting her 2 year old molar teeth because she keeps biting things so that may be why she's behaving the way she is...

This morning I got IP to start her 'Thank you' cards for her birthday 2 weeks ago. 

Today I have:

I will use the term 'decluttered' because I feel I would be fake if I used the term minimalised but I'm working towards it... 
  • I have taken more books and bits out of our bookshelves and rearranged the photo's/ ornaments.
  • I've gone through IP's cuddly toys. The ones that are staying are going on a bed or rocking chair.
  • I tidied the hall cupboard where coats, etc, are kept (this means taking out all the baby coats etc to be sorted through when I sort the clothes next week). 
  • Went through the drawers in the single wardrobe of our bedroom, meaning I now have a completely empty drawer! :) I am actually looking forward to going through my clothes next week! :) 
  • ANDDDDD without being asked, DP went through his shirts and got rid of some! :) 
  • (oh yeah I have also done the last load of washing for a few days! :))


Just realised I should explain that it's only the 'Rotary' box that has my watch details in it, and the bottom right 'box' that is mine. And I considered whether to put the stuff in the bottom right into storage as it's more for IP later but I'm working on that for now... DP also went through his cuff links and gave me a massive handful of them to 'get rid of'.


The box has nail stuff in it (I've considered paring this down as I have lots of nail varnishes and I leave 1 colour on for a long time but we'll see). I also considered getting rid of 1 bottle of the 'remover as I that rarely paint my nails anyway... And I currently have 3 bags of cotton wool. We may use it on Munchkin for nappy changes so I'll see on that one... I have also put the baseball caps (my only sun hats cos I hate them) into the hall cupboard...


I actually then ended up moving the contents of this drawer into other places including the picture above. 


This stuff was all taken out of my bedside table drawer and had other homes (I should get an after photo of my drawer)...


  • I decluttered my bathroom drawers. I don't think I took any photo's unfortunately but there wasn't much to take. DP and I had already gone through the shared drawer and I had already sorted my drawers a while ago so really it's all used pretty regularly. It was only a few hair bands to be taken out. What I did do (and drat, I need to take a photo) is go through 2 boxes of 'spare back up' toiletries. DP has agreed to use the small travel toiletries we have a large amount of so I do have a picture of how our bathroom now looks...



These are the products we previously used for when we've used up all the travel toiletries. I'll move the basket when we've used them all up...



That basket was where the Hello Kitty soap dispenser was, with 'guest' toiletries in it but I can't remember when they were last used so I'm not sure if I'll keep anything there in future...
So it's the Hello Kitty soap dispenser, hand gel sanitiser for IP and then tooth cleaning items for IP...


This is just to prove that there's A LOT still to be done! This is next week's job!

I think my biggest issue is to get rid of things like a bottle of nail varnish remover. Thinking about it, it's a bit daft that I'll happily go through all my clothes and put rubbish sacks full in the recycling, or give to friends but I won't throw a bottle of nail varnish remover and it doesn't occur to me to ask a friend if they want it (yes friends I am talking to you! ;))? We're using up the shampoos etc, as I said but I know I could be a lot more ruthless with things, so we'll see... DP said 'little and often' when I expressed my surprise and delight at the handful of cuff links... Watch this space! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment