Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Furniture...

One of the biggest issues I have is that our apartment is not that big, considering we have a 2 year old and a second baby on the way AND a (large, black, fur shedding) cat. I remember when I was a teenager I loved organising and rearranging my 'stuff'. And one day I ended up with a whole shelf of empty containers. Containers I liked, yes, but they were empty. Well I'm really pleased that I have slowly and gradually got to that stage again:

We have 2 suitcases in our bedroom that take up an entire wall (photo below and includes a bag of clothing/ towels for recycling!). The smaller one I had intended to use as a 'memory' suitcase for Munchkin but Pickle's suitcase for the same purpose is double sided so I have since decided that I'll just use 1 side of that. I don't have much at the moment, a handful of things, to put in it for Munchkin and I expect that most of the things we wanted to put in Pickle's suitcase were from her time in the SCBU, anyway...


And then a storage 'thing' that has held a variety of items and is now empty. And we really can't afford to keep stuff we don't use ('cuse the doll, IP decided she needed to leave it there this morning).



However, on the flip side, we have just acquired (today) a changing table and are due to acquire a few more bits and pieces. But they were second hand, from next door (who are moving country) and DP was moaning that his back aches and how good their changing table was, so...

Not the best photo, I apologise. It was taken for another purpose...

I think I am going to just take them with the other items I intended to get rid of to the local recycling centre that has a little 'drop off' that you can pick stuff up if you like it, for free... They're going to get one heck of a shock the day I turn up with a car full of stuff! ;) No, I have already planned that I think I'll have to do it in smaller trips...

No comments:

Post a Comment