Thursday, 4 July 2013

Part 1: Sorting IP's room & Munchkin's clothing, etc.

I promised you photo's and I said this evening would be a good time to do it so I thought I'd do it now before I forget! :) 

So this was before: 



I then emptied all the bags of clothing onto the floor, chucked the bags to one side and various other things and then put the Ikea bags on the bed and had a clipboard to hand. I also wrote on pieces of paper and slipped under the bags what the size of clothing was in that bag...


I really wasn't feeling very well this day so had to keep stopping to drink and if I felt particularly rough...


The 3 Ikea bags!


About half way through...


The other stuff that still needed sorting! :(


Now that IP is potty trained, she's back in her 12 month clothing because her bottom is skinnier. So I found some of her old clothes to try on. That's the pile in front, the Ikea bags are all sorted...


I think this was at the end but the last few days have blurred together now! ;)


This was at the end, the bags on the floor were 'donations':


Clothes that need either destaining or dying. I've since changed my mind on the latter! :/


So in each Ikea bag is a different age group of clothes and then divided into 'neutral' and girly. I know someone having a little girl so I will check and give her the clothes that are good enough. Anything else will go in a charity clothing bin. And I started today washing stuff for Munchkin! This may seem early and not that exciting but IP was so early we didn't do this for her so it was an exciting milestone for me...

I plan to follow The Minimalist Mom's book's (I've purchased the book) suggestions on what to have for a baby's first year. Some of it I won't do as we already have a lot of stuff from IP but things like clothing it should work with...

1 comment:

  1. Phew - good job hun!!! Next time you are home I have a "hell cupboard" which needs your dedication!! I'm in denial.... Marf xx

    ReplyDelete