Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Some blog posts I've read this evening...

I sorted through the Craft cupboard this afternoon. This resulted in a rather nice mess on the table. In a quest to find the perfect art kit for a 2 year old, I read the following posts that I thought were rather interesting and wanted to share:

http://www.theminimalistmom.com/2012/07/toycollection/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2194425/What-happened-I-swapped-childrens-toys-beads-cardboard--Answer-minor-miracle--wailing-stopped.html

http://www.athomewithali.net/2012/10/10-things-to-do-with-2-year-old.html

http://www.athomewithali.net/2013/05/10-more-things-to-do-with-2-year-old.html

I think and hope I'll go with what Minimalist Mom does because I kinda thought that on Tuesday anyway. IP was playing with play doh for the first time at playgroup and I suddenly thought if she wants to play with paints they get those out every other week, I'm considering taking her to more playgroups etc in the future so her time at home to actually play with her toys is already becoming limited. Why add crafts to the mix (DP did mention that I'm the 'arty farty' one but I don't actually do much crafts with her)?

And I was just about to email and say we'd attend something new when I thought twice. At the moment we have a fairly clear schedule but I was considering adding to it. I take IP to a playgroup on a Tuesday morning, she attends creche Tuesday - Thursday afternoons. We then go to a coffee morning on a Friday. Well I was considering taking her to other playgroups as a way to get out the house, meet other people, different toys to play with, etc. But I'm now thinking I'm due in October, these things start in September and if this baby is anything like IP was, I may well not want too much in my schedule. So we'll see. The only thing I need to find out about sooner rather than later is 1 playgroup on a Thursday. And there's other things that happen, it would just be nice to know. Plus other appointments do come up so although most things aren't mandatory, I'm thinking it might be good to have some more spare time... The thing I was going to email about starts immediately this Thursday and is totally can go or don't have to anyway so if I ever get to the point where I want to, I can always change my mind...

Munchkin update: All is good and DP has just noticed and finds it odd that my belly has stretched enough that I have no belly button! Logical but still...

And on another note: DP is watching tv and has decided to delete programmes so we can have more time together! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment