Friday, 5 July 2013

Sorting the Craft Cupboard...

I was dreading this. It was a job that needed doing but I love doing craft stuff or as DP put it 'I'm the arty farty one' so it's taken a long time for me to get my head around the idea of actually getting rid of craft stuff. 






At the moment. I think I might need to revisit this one but for now it's done. I do make cards quite a lot with IP as thank you's etc so I've kept the bag of blank cards. Other folders are ideas for the future - I've had them for a while so may get rid of them - 'stickers' for making cards and then there's a bag with paint supplies in it. IP hasn't liked paint before but she also hadn't liked play doh and this week suddenly wanted to play with it (at playgroup). However playgroup do messy play every other week and she goes to creche 3 afternoon's a week so bearing in mind Minimalist Mom's approach, I'm thinking the same. IP has some colouring books and crayons. There's also a shredder and the bag at the back has nappy cake supplies...


I didn't do anything with these boxes - the top right is Christmas and seasonal items so if they're not used in December I'll get rid of them. The other 2 boxes are sewing related. Again, I haven't figured out a time limit yet but I will put one on it...


Afterwards the mess that I needed to sort out!


The table is clear now and I've sorted homes for the potential donations (IP's playgroup or a local school). I had to finish this task pretty quickly as I ran out of time before IP got home from creche. Having just written this post has made me rethink getting rid of some more items. I've had the folders of 'ideas for the future' crafts for ages, probably years and never actually made any of them. Maybe if I don't use any at Christmas (when I plan to purge the 'seasonal' box) I'll do the same with the folders...

The sewing ideas I've also had for ages and again, *sigh* still haven't done any of them. But those are sentimental items so I won't get rid of them any time soon, I'm just frustrated that I haven't 'got round' to making what I wanted to do (thinking of making a blanket out of various things) but I'm not ready to get rid of them yet... (Thinking a conversation with DP about sentimental items may be in order)

No comments:

Post a Comment