- I still have a pile of scanning to do, probably the more important document scanning as well. I had a bit of a hitch when I did the scanning and ended up with the equivalent of a day wasted. However, I have also scanned all of IP's artwork from the last 2 years. I have already started using some of it as wrapping paper, some was on scrap paper so will probably be binned. In the future I have created a document and we plan to get her to colour in a different document each time. We're also hoping to send family members artwork every few months.
- I have decluttered a lot of art supplies but am going to see how things go as to whether I do more. I am hoping to get more creative and then try to sell bits locally but I plan to worry about that when Munchkin's born and we've settled a bit. So I have saved the bits I'd need BUT have put some vague deadlines on it. If I find that life is too busy and I don't have time I will just have to take the plunge and get rid of it all.
- And the same goes for all the baby items, we've kept pretty much everything we bought for IP so as Munchkin grows in and out of items we'll get rid of them.
- I still need to go through our filing folders, label things and check we actually need everything but for now the important thing is that it takes up a lot less space than the filing trolley! ;)
- Looking at our bookshelves there's probably a lot more folders and 'things' we could get rid of, plus I haven't gone through any of the children's books - we have hard books in the living room and the 'soft' books in IP's bedroom. Again this is something I plan to deal with when Munchkin's born... Having said that, I have noticed today that IP only really reads the same books repeatedly so we'll see how things go...
- I also noticed that various clothes, tops mostly, I haven't been wearing because I wear the same tops, wash and then rewear them before I've got through the tops in the drawer. I could have done with more 'bottoms' but as I'm wearing maternity clothes and only have a few more months left, I will worry about that in the future. I just found it interesting that I thought it would be really easy reducing to 33 items, then found it hard and now I have barely even worn said items anyway!?
- I have cleared off the chest of drawers several times and I really wanted it to stay empty but at the moment it hasn't. There's baby bits that I don't think we'll use but I can't be sure, there's the duvet we're not currently using cos it's warm and an empty box to put donation items in when I next want to... Oh well!
- In order to write this post I walked round the apartment looking and making notes. DP mentioned the other day that he felt IP's room was fine. Well I doubt I'll ever agree. She plays with the same toys most of the time or follows me, so it seems a bit crazy that she's got a massive 6 part toy box! She also has a toy chest of toys to 'grow into'. I have already dramatically reduced her teddies. Basically to teddies she has, rather than my old teddies. I suppose in this respect I am looking forward to Munchkin arriving so I can get rid of stuff as it's outgrown...
- I stored some of my sandals that I wasn't wearing which means we now have a lovely empty shoe stand. And we were using an old bin for cloth nappies but have started using a 'wet bag' due to the change in layout of IP's bedroom so the old bin is currently in the corner as I was planning to reuse it but now am not so sure.
What I did forget to mention in my update of decluttering is we went through a box that just had 'board' games in it. Well firstly the box handle had broken. But unexpectedly to me, between us we managed to reduce it to a few games that fitted elsewhere! We had just bought an electric cool box so DP decided to store it where the games box had been... (which also reminds me that I got rid of some old cool bags as we've got bags for shopping AND this cool box)
Oh yes, I also 'decluttered' our First Aid box. I needed to go to our local pharmacy so asked if they accept the bag of 'old' medicines - I knew they do in England and they do here too! :) So all our medicines now fit in the box or 1 small corner of the shelf I can reach (that IP can't).
Oh and I have deleted things like the text messages that were saved on my mobile.
I still have various craft related things to do, soft folders to go through, sort through the 'craft' cupboard, filing and normal house hold maintenance. Buttt I feel we're getting there a lot more than before! :)