Friday, 11 October 2013

Making elephants... Food Friday?



Ok, it's Friday so I should be writing about Food, right? Well, I kinda am and I'm kinda not... I'm writing about 'salt dough' which consists of flour, water and salt. Oh and a bit of oil... So they're technically food items, yes?! ;)

Recently there has been a Parade of elephants throughout Luxembourg & Trier and my sister in law loves elephants. So I suggested to DP, as IP had loved spotting the elephants (note to self: must post some pictures later of IP with said elephants!) and there was an article in the BLC newsletter about making salt dough elephants to hang on the wall, that maybe IP and I could make elephants for IP's aunty's birthday? 

It turned out that IP loved this activity! What she is still talking about is the 'cutting'! Anyway, we did this probably about a month ago but I had to wait for us to post the elephants and for her birthday (JUST in case, I doubt she reads this blog but I would have been upset if I'd assumed and it had spoilt the surprise)...

Rolled out salt dough & I didn't have an elephant cutter to hand so I google image searched, printed & cut this picture out:





'Cutting Mamma!?' - IP LOVED using her toddler knife to cut random pieces! I did not let her use the sharp knife in the bottom right! ;)




That weekend I roped DP into helping me help her to paint them! :)


For the record, I am a real mum. I am not superwoman or supermum. I tend to do these activities a bit 'on the spur of the moment' and take photo's with my iphone because I forget to take photo's with a decent camera... I forget to ensure IP is dressed (she's wearing her pj's in these photo's), hair brushed etc and I forget to clear all the other rubbish out the photo. I then have several pojects on the go and clearing it all up makes a mess. But I feel it's better to take photo's and show you, with mess in the background, than not and you miss out. Feel free to tell me you disagree! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment