Thursday, 2 January 2014

Hellooooo 2014!

A very speedy catch up and hello to 2014!

I haven't been really writing posts for 3 months now, ZC is 3 months on 6th January and then she finally decided to sleep from her 11pm bottle to her 7am bottle 2 nights running. Well, she was slightly unsettled the first night as it was NYE but the important factor for us is that she didn't wake screaming at 5am...

So I am hoping to be able to return to some form of normality again! That means getting on top of things at home -
My current to do list includes:

  1. Make/create a thank you present for someone - it will be included in due course on here!
  2. Reply to various emails (& *groan* that leads me on to sorting out my email inbox AGAIN - I have 17 pages and it's getting ridiculous!)
  3. Take donations to wherever they're going - in an attempt to get them out of our apartment I am seriously thinking of taking them to our local recycling centre. I had planned to take what was useful to a local charity 'Giving at lux' which matches items up to people who need them but like I say, I keep meaning to find the drop off point and haven't as yet, so...
  4. Ebay items - an equally large pile that includes the spare pediatric 'sleepcurve' mattress to IP's cot bed, needs to be sold on Ebay. That said, I am planning to wait for now as we figure I'll get more money if I wait... (And thinking about it, if I can last that long I may just go to the summer car boot sale)
  5. Various DIY crafts - toys for IP & crafts to do with her
  6. Bulk cooking - we're ok at the moment but the meals my awesome Daddy cooked won't last forever & I figure part of getting back into routine is including this...
  7. Project 333 for all of us girls - I've started this (thank you ZC for rather helpfully going thru clothes every 3 months!) but we need to catch up on washing so I haven't finished at all... I do currently have several bags of clothes waiting to go and ZC has all IP's hand me down's plus they both got more clothes over Christmas so I definitely need to par down. Whether I stick to 33 items is another matter BUT I certainly managed it last time with IP & ZC is maturing nicely so in theory we probably could...
  8. Paperwork/ - it's currently hidden by Xmas cards but there's so much random paperwork and 'junk' around!
  9. Filing/ - having reduced our filing down considerably last year, I want/ need to go through the filing box again rather than just putting it all away when it doesn't need to be...
  10. sort our shelves - as above, there's SOOO much junk. Also IP can now reach higher... (and I doubt it'll be long before ZC decides to crawl)
  11. photo's - I started sorting them on my laptop but need to finish. And I was also in the process of deleting the rubbish.
  12. laptop - as above... I used to do an annual audit between Christmas & NY but now it's taken up with family I think I'll have to re-position it during the year...
  13. I can't say names but my husband set me a challenge to buy an entire outfit for myself made under my kid's names. I have achieved the first part, I need to finish it AND I may need to lose some weight which relates partly to point 20...
  14. take items back to shops - bought before Xmas
  15. finishing touches to IP's room - labels etc. Some of her toys have gone 'on holiday' for a week so she actually plays with all her toys, a '1 in 1 out' policy has pretty much been implemented on her presents
  16. a few other bits that mostly fit into these OR I can't put the actual details due to names etc ;)
  17. Catching up and writing blog posts! ;)
  18. Using cloth nappies on ZC now I feel I can cope with the idea of extra washing ;)
  19. Doing some more volunteer work - I hope to help Serve the city, as mentioned above I wanted to donate items to Giving at Lux & I have emailed about a helpline that wants English volunteers...
  20. And today I have just enquired about a sports class! I am viewing from Monday I hope, Krav Maga...

I also noticed this post on a blog I read regularly and plan to try to implement part of it. The reusable bags, the shopping list paper, the best route to buy stuff on & I need to get back into the habit of taking IP and library books back... Having just done a quick google search, our local farmer's market is on a Wednesday. That's when IP is at creche all day so it certainly won't work doing both a library visit and a farmer's market trip in the same day if I plan to take her... (More thought required)

Another idea I have read on the above blog is donating hair. As I never know what to do with my hair so currently I just tie it up, I am thinking of doing the same...

Anddd I am waiting for the creche to reply as to whether ZC can go from 6 months old - April time - so that I can spend some one to one time just with IP as she starts 'pre school' (Precoce) in September. I'd like to do at least 1 dedicated activity with her on a Thursday - crafts, cooking, whatever but not just go to a playgroup... We'll see... I have 2 lined up and I of course plan to document it all here...

So apologies for the lack of photo's & posts but the littlest lady wants a bottle & then we're heading out... I have a separate list of blog ideas so I guess I'll be busy! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment