Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Day 2 & a quick update...

This is going to be a MEGA quick update as it's 10 to 11pm and I'm tired.

Well I haven't succeeded in getting dressed in work clothes or buying new trousers yet. But that's because I have spent virtually every waking minute thinking about or contributing to a job search. I have registered or checked how to register at about 4/5 agencies, I have mentioned to friends and as such emailed my CV to 2 friends, I have looked online. And today I applied for a job that I am really positive about! I wrote my letter of 'reasons for applying', read it to hubby and to my mother. Hubby disagreed that I was waffling and repeating myself so I was really pleased about that. And my mother was even more complimentary so we'll see. And applications aren't even looked at until 15th July so I have a bit of 'breathing space' where I can't affect it...

In the mean time I took the girls to a play date this morning that was awesome and then raced back and was late for my French lesson. My teacher seems to be implying I need to step up a gear and stop making excuses, which I agree with. But right now it's not number 1 on my list.

So tomorrow my plans are to FINALLY after 3 days of living in a tip, tidy our house, photograph items for sale and advertise on facebook groups - a friend has had a lot of luck so I'm hopeful that one last ditch attempt may work - and then in the afternoon register with at least one agency. I have filing to catch up on and the entire house to go through and 'declutter'.

I want to get a good head start on the moving house process. The less we have the easier the move will be. And it occurred to me today that I'm going to try to approach this job starting business like I did having a baby. Making meals in advance and getting the house 'ready'. So that when I do start the job (1st August, remember?!) I won't have to think about a backlog of jobs to be done at home and cooking dinners, they'll be in the freezer, washing will be easy to sort out and as the girls in childcare with less 'stuff' in the house, I hope it'll be easier to look after...

oxfordremovals.com
So I'm really pleased after feeling a bit fed up today, that having re-assessed the situation, it's only day 2 and I've managed to get some good leads, at the very least. I am also very much looking forward to being able to tidy my house and have it a bit easier to live in from tomorrow! Now to bed, to attempt a good night's sleep in order to be able to achieve all these things...

No comments:

Post a Comment