Saturday, 19 July 2014

Job Prep...

I have now stopped my last declutter for a few reasons but I am preparing to start work in other ways. The next few months are going to be very busy for a variety of reasons:


  1. I start full time work on 1st August and my daughters start creche full time, at a different creche. The creche is also a little further away for the moment.
  2. In September there's a 2nd hand sale that I'm planning to try selling baby things at. It's 2 days before F starts precoce. So another 'milestone'.
  3. In October it's  Z's 1st birthday. I've already come up with a theme and bought some of the things for it. Well most of the decorations etc. So hopefully the most challenging part is complete.
  4. November sees us hopefully moving house and I'm having my 2nd 30th birthday. I was ill and Z was very young when it was actually my 30th so I figured I'd just celebrate this year instead. Which although it seemed a great idea at the time, now it's another thing...
  5. December is of course, Christmas! (and we'll have just moved house)

Soooo whilst minimalism to most people often means having more time to spend with their children and giving up work, I've found that now I really want to return to work. I hope that the time I do spend with my family and children as a result will be much better quality. Andddd because my children will be at creche or precoce all day, I expect them to need less toys because they won't be home as much to play with them. And the biggest thing I have seemed to read about minimalism is that it fits into what works for you.

I am planning tomorrow to do a lot of bulk cooking so I don't have to worry too much about food in the forthcoming weeks and months (the contract is 4 months initially so we'll see). Fish pie, 2 different chilli con carne (to use up some ingredients in the cupboard) and hopefully some macaroni cheese...

I've pretty much finished the latest decluttering and am just waiting for the 2nd hand sale in September, to hopefully get sold some of this stuff! It's getting crazy... I have also decided to wait until the girls start creche before deciding what other toys etc to potentially get rid of. Z has 3 baby toys 'out' at the moment & actually only really plays with 1. F's toy bins were at only 2 full, now all 6 (different sizes) are full again, following her birthday. So whilst I am kind of itching to par them down, I figure it can wait.

I have mostly sorted their clothes out. They have way more than they need but they still fit into a drawer each (plus I'm pretty sure it's under 33 items for each, I did do a quick count) and being summer and a transitional time, I'm not going to worry too much more for now... Also F has developed a very stubborn personality so we're lucky to get her to choose her own clothes and put them on, right now!

So most of my lounge is stacked up with stuff for sale and it's driving me bananas but I guess there's not long now until the sale, thankfully...
Tomorrow as well as bulk cooking I've just informed hubby that we must fill in Z's 'record' book 'cos otherwise we're going to forget all the things she's done and when! I can just about remember she got 4 teeth at about 7 months... :/
Their momento suitcase & I still have lots of photo's to sort out. I have gone through my email inbox & folders and my pc folders. It is just photo's. Those damn photo's...

For now, I think that's all. I am sorry that the blog has been so quiet but I've been trying to keep up with both girls and I suspect it will continue, as I transition back into working full time for an international company that is incredibly busy (and I'm going to be working in their very busy department). As they are very well known I am not going to say their name as I don't want to jinx anything.

I have considered closing this blog, in case anyone is wondering but I want to see how things go for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment