Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Ticking something off the imaginary bucket list:

I really should revise my aims for this blog since I'm not sure if I've actually said but this year I set myself a goal:

To travel to another country alone.

Ideally England. I'm 31 years old and had never traveled abroad alone. This was not intentional but I felt should be rectified. And as of Sunday 12th April it has been. I flew to the UK, found the correct hire car, drove to a hotel, went on a training course. Did some shopping & visited friends. Drove back to the airport & flew back. I started writing this on board the plane after several hours delay.

This is immense to me for several reasons (not the flight delay).

I've learnt that actually it's not as scary as I thought, one only needs a bit of common sense & intelligence. I'm pretty sure hubby didn't believe me when I said the screens were blank whilst we waited, until I said other passengers who were clearly frequent fliers had observed the same...

I will now feel more confident about doing it again. I've mentioned bringing my daughters back to the UK in the summer & now I feel I could probably cope. 

When I said I wanted to do it this year I didn't think it would actually happen. But then I also didn't think I'd genuinely start a new business... That said, a lot of things, if I say I'm going to do them, I generally do or I've not genuinely planned to do them. But I had an odd feeling the flight would be something that wouldn't actually happen coz I first mentioned it several years ago...


No comments:

Post a Comment