Saturday, 18 July 2015

Minimalism: I had a glass...

When I got married in 2010 I did a lot of our wedding myself. I love crafts so all the stationery, etc. I spent a long time hunting out things. I wanted personalised champagne flutes for the morning of the wedding, for myself, my maids of honour, bridesmaids and my mother to have Bucks Fizz from... When I mentioned this to my fiance he suggested I make them myself. Ie buy Ikea flutes & glass paint. So I did...


This is one of the only pictures I have of the flute I made for myself... It read 'Bride ~ Antonia'

paradoxofme.com

Then a while ago, my husband had an accident in our old apartment... And smashed it! He thought I'd be devastated but I was more concerned that he was barefoot. Yes, it was sad, but there's more to life than a smashed champagne flute.

So I happened to have a glass pen and Ikea flute recently so thought I'd make a new one...

knotthegroom.com

Anddddd then I came home the other day and my husband informed me that this time he doesn't actually know how it happened but I'm obviously not meant to have this damn glass because it's broken again! 

Again, I'm not particularly upset which is strange for me because it's the sort of thing I would normally be upset about but just like with the 'best mum' glass hubby bought me, it's just not the end of the world. We have beautiful normal champagne flutes that we love so for now I'll just use those. I might dare to make another one day, but not yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment