Tuesday, 5 January 2016

New Years resolutions

I don't exactly make New Years resolutions but I have goals that might take longer. I like this post for a way to keep me on track:


Anddd I hope that this post has explained what I've recently realised:


^ The last post is bizarre in its timing. I love to hate my lack of ability at sports & in particular parts of Krav Maga. I've been doing it for nearly 2 years and dread the sessions we practise rolls, jumping press ups, etc. But a friend who appears much more athletic than me made a comment last year about how everyone hates it. 

I then noticed I didn't have to worry about F watching tv but she was instantly a little Madame if I let her so nothing was going to change, I had to just accept if I wanted her to be nicer, I had to invest some time. 'Suck it up' as it were.

And then I started to think it this year about house work (if I want to wake up to a clean kitchen I have to clean up as I go & before bed). Then I read the above post. I mentioned I was going to Krav Maga and was asked how I managed when it's just after Christmas. And the answer? I couldn't get up as early as 
'The slob come clean'. I regularly have to push myself to go (& my husband does push me out the door & tease if I don't go). But I know I've done exercise, met friends & heard some French when I do make the effort. And when I leave Krav Maga I feel better. So yes it's the last thing I want to do sometimes but I accept it. 

So I'm not about to announce my New Years resolutions just yet BUT I do plan to soon and one way I intend to achieve them is to 'just do it' as Nike say, or just get on with it... 

(And for anyone interested, I've noticed the law of attraction has also played a part in all this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment